04 March 2007

Population: Sarah

There are two great constants in my life - religion and science. Most might think that combining them would be the tricky part, but it isn't. The trick is meeting other people for whom it makes as much sense as it does to me. Or just bugger it all and rely on football instead, whatever works. No point in denying I'm an insecure person, but I'm secure in my beliefs, secure in my knowledge and secure in the sensibility I see in the world at large. Fingers crossed it starts getting smaller, else I'll be tempted to replace football with alcoholism.

At least I can admit when I'm overwhelmed. Steve just denies it and withdraws further into his little world with its stupidly narrow set of beliefs. You might have thought the non-religious would be less likely to be intolerant. If Steve's anything to go by, they're more likely to mock what they don't comprehend. We had a big argument recently about political issues, which is weird, since none of the "romantic" stuff we've discussed pissed me off that much. His interest is more annoying than flattering nowadays. God I can't wait to strike out of this town. My boots wanna walk!!

It was Steve who introduced me to Kyle last summer, during one of his poker sessions with people from work, back when the benefits people made him try working. It was months after that that Kyle and I started spending some time together, alone. It was fun. Maybe it could have been more fun had we met under different circumstances, who knows? I'm not certain enough to risk anything and he doesn't seem interested anyway. But... but then nothing. I'm just being daft. Only sensible thing to do is ditch this place and get to the greener grass of elsewhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home